Twitter is a great tool for business. However, with great power comes great responsibility. Your tweets should be personal, engaging and informative.
Here are five quick tips on how to tweet like you've got some scents:
1. Do NOT protect your tweets. If your account is private, you will not get retweeted.
2. Remember the 80/20 rule. Tweet about your interests 80% and your business only 20% of the time.
3. Follow people that interest you but understand that most verified accounts will not follow you back.
4. At a minimum, tweet at least once every 30 days. No one follows inactive accounts.
5. Check your followers often and only follow those back with whom you share common interests.
You are representing not only your personal brand but also the brand of your business. Tweet accordingly!