Monday, May 14

Fifty Shades of Meh


I just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James.

Although, I don't normally read romance novels, the controversial buzz about this particular book got me curious enough to purchase it.

It was somewhat disappointing in the erotica department, but I found the underlying themes more fascinating than the hoopla.

The writing is not eloquently superb, but it delivered pretty much what was expected - SEX.

Actually, the story itself is less about some kinky, alternative lifestyle and more about trust and the perception of pain versus pleasure.

It's an effortless read and quite possibly the dawn of a new age of suburban salaciousness.

If sex, in general, makes you uncomfortable, than this is not the novel for you.

Me? I will be purchasing Fifty Shades Darker first thing tomorrow!

I'm a sucker for wanting to know how a love story ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment